This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New register allocator branch created
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: New register allocator branch created
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:14:38 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> > Quick note, i fixed a few bugs in the new allocator that should allow it
> > to compile libgcc on x86.
> I tried doing a SPEC run with the new branch but none of the SPEC
> programs build (x86). I'm getting various spill failures and
> unrecognizable insns.
> If you want I could provide the specific failures, or if you can
> give me a couple of pointers into your implementation I can try
> and hunt them down.
It's unlikely I can fix them before i rip the spill code insertion from
They aren't bugs in the allocator (for the most part. unrecognizable
insns probably are), rather, we're getting slapped by reload.
But don't worry, once i do that, i'll be implementing live range
splitting properly when we need to spill, among other things, which should
really help x86.