Re: --disable-new-gxx-abi

On Jan 24, 2001, Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> While going through GNATS reports I realized that apparently some
> people still bootstrap with/use --disable-new-gxx-abi.

Maybe because GDB still doesn't support the v3 ABI, and people who're
building GCC like that are the kind of people who think debugging code
with a debugger is still the way to go? :-)

> As far as I understood, we won't support the old API in GCC 3.0, so
> perhaps now is the time to get rid of it?

On the one hand, removing might serve as a push for the GDB folks to
catch up ASAP.  OTOH, I'd rather keep it as a fall-back until they do
:-)