This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Need graph coloring code
- To: joshua dot pritikin at db dot com (Joshua N Pritikin)
- Subject: Re: Need graph coloring code
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:35:20 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: imarkov at umich dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> > I would not be surprized if IBM decides to open that patent up
> > (or to license it to FSF, royalty-free), say, one year before
> > it runs out -- just to get publicity and honk, once again,
> > about their "committment to support open-source software" :) :)
> Has any company ever done that, licensed a patent to FSF, royalty-free?
Raph Levien licensed a number of patents (mostly having to do with
printing) for free use in GPLed programs, so these are royalty-free to the
FSF and everyone else.