Re: GCC 3.0 Branch Status

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Rod m. Stewart wrote:

> My bootstrap has passed the previous failure without any problem now
> (with and without the option: --enble-debug).  So it looks as if the
> problem is no longer there.  I'll send a message after both builds
> finish, but there should be no real problem.

OK, my build pretty much succeeded on armv[3,4]l-unknown-linux-gnu.  Well
there are problems with Java support.  The testsuite hangs under
i386-unknown-linux-gnu and armv*-unknown-linux-gnu.  As well I'm not
certain if the Java code will build under ARM GNU/Linux.  I sent one
little fix to gcc-patches, along with what looks like a libtool problem.

Aside from the Java problem ARM GNU/Linux seems OK, I might have to kick
the auto build a bit to work around Java, but that should not be hard.

-Rms