This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
COLLECT_GCC and friends
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: COLLECT_GCC and friends
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:55:43 -0800
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
We pass COLLECT_GCC and COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS through the environment
rather than through command-line arguments to collect2?
It's rather tricky us hiding these things away, and makes cutting and
pasting -v output in the shell not work, which is very unfriendly to
debugging on platforms where collect2 is used.
What's the rationale?
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com