This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fastjar requires regex.h...
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: fastjar requires regex.h...
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Jan 2001 18:31:59 -0700
- Cc: java-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Alexandre" == Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Alexandre> ... that is missing at least on IRIX 5.2. Should we just
Alexandre> disable fastjar (and all of Java) on platforms that lack
Alexandre> regex.h, or should we get a portable replacement into the
Alexandre> CVS tree? GNU rx would probably do.
FYI most people have stopped using GNU rx. It isn't maintained and
ISTR it has portability problems. The maintainers I know use GNU regex.
FWIW I think Bryce's plan is a good one.