This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation of GCC
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <Celia_Choo at AMKH dot com dot sg>
- Subject: Re: Installation of GCC
- From: "Tim Prince" <tprince at computer dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:45:23 -0800
- References: <OF58D2B33D.9B22C53D-ON482569D8.email@example.com>
You should use whichever editing environment you are comfortable with.
Any pure text editor intending for working on source code will do fine.
I continue to use PFE as well as vim. If you know emacs, you probably
You would normally have your source and executables for work in progress
for a small project all in the same subdirectory until you see the need
for something fancier.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 1:38 AM
Subject: Installation of GCC
> I need ur help.I've download gcc (GNU C compiler) for windows from
> website : http://www.cs.utah.edu/classes/cs1000/gcc/.
> I'm a beginner to C programming.Can you advise me what I should do
> need to write C-program before I can use GNU C Complier to complie my
> program?Which environment can I write my program and which directory
> I store my program(eg.hello.c)?
> Pls Advise