This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help needed on basic gcc compiling and a.out
- To: "Robin Kim" <shkim73 at home dot com>
- Subject: Re: Help needed on basic gcc compiling and a.out
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:03:53 +1100
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On 15-Jan-2001, Robin Kim <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I'm a beginner at linux C programming.
> I'm using Red-hat 6.2 and this is my problem.
> I programmed a simple file called 'a.c'
> then I compiled it using gcc as following,
> "gcc a.c"
> Then I tried to run a.out but I have
> "command not found" error.
> What do I have to do?
Type "./a.out" rather than "a.out".
Questions like this are probably more appropriate in the gnu.gcc.help
Fergus Henderson <email@example.com> | "I have always known that the pursuit
| of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.