This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
bootstrap logic changes
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: bootstrap logic changes
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:57:01 -0500
I've finally gotten around to checking in the "make bootstrap" changes
I've been, well, hanging onto. Changes:
* Stage targets renamed from stage_[abcdef] to, say, stage1_build,
* Boostrapping prints a "what to do next" message when it's done.
* "make unstage" will undo a "make stage"
* "make restage" will undo and rebuild stage .
* "make quickstrap" redoes the current stage with the right flags.
* "make cleanstrap" does "make clean; make bootstrap".
* "make bubblestrap" does an incremental full bootstrap. Basically,
it unstages each stage in turn and rebuilds/restages them all.