This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cpplib: Nix -g3.
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:58:53PM +0000, Neil Booth wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:-
>
> > There was a very good reason for this which I don't remember anymore.
> > I think it might have had to do with the printer not being set up
> > early enough, so it would crash.
>
> I think you might be right about the printing. Anyway, that problem
> is no more. Cool, another kludge we can eliminate.
>
> The only issue is where this stuff shows up the in preprocessed output
> - the line numbering might be screwy, giving problems with a re-read
> and -fpreprocessed. Maybe that was a reason?
That too might've been something to do with. IIRC we're supposed to
spit out
# 1 "file.c"
in between each builtin macro definition. 1 might have been 0. This
was a very long time ago.
zw