RTX_FRAME_RELATED_P?

Is RTX_FRAME_RELATED_P supposed to be set only for instructions that
actually modify the stack pointer (or frame pointer, or saves a
register) -- or any instruction that vaguely contributes to that
process?

The MIPS back-end sets RTX_FRAME_RELATED_P for instructions that
manipulate constants involving the frame size -- even when those don't
directly affect the frame pointer itself.  It seems silly to emit
DWARF2 information for these instructions to me, but what do I know? :-)

Help?

Thanks,