This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pa reload problem
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Subject: Re: pa reload problem
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:12:21 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: law at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
> On Jan 4, 2001, "John David Anglin" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > As far as I can see, virtual-stack-vars is only left in expr_lists of
> > of call_insns.
> Yep. This matches my experience too. It turns out that I posted a
> patch on Dec 30 that would cause them to be properly instantiated, but
> it wasn't reviewed yet. And, if I install another patch that I had
> posted about 10 minutes later, that was approved but that I put on
> hold, you'd probably start getting other pseudos listed in call_insn
> expr_lists, that would give you similar problems because they wouldn't
> be handled by reload.
Should this be backed out until a solution is found? It prevents the
building the compiler under hpux.
2000-12-29 Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com>
* calls.c (emit_library_call_value_1): Add to call_fusage the
stack slot assigned to argument passed by reference.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)