This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
New ABI EH (was Re: C++ PATCH: Switch to the new ABI)
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: New ABI EH (was Re: C++ PATCH: Switch to the new ABI)
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:05:37 GMT
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20001118211728K.email@example.com>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This was the last remaining major bit of functionality for GCC 3.0;
> from now on, we will be focusing on compile-time performance, run-time
> performance and robustness.
Remember that the new EH ABI has still not been implemented, so we
aren't yet compliant with the ia64 ABI; we ought to do at least
enough to provide forward-compatibility with the new ABI before gcc
3.0. This basically means the personality routine, unwinder API and
exception model. We will eventually want to switch over to the more
efficient landing pad scheme, but that can wait.
We may be able to get a lot of this code from HP and/or SGI.
We will also need to think about how to adapt this scheme to the
dwarf2 unwind information for other targets, though since we have a
version marker in .eh_frame that can wait.