This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: config.sub pentium2 and pentiumii aliases (fwd)
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Subject: Re: config.sub pentium2 and pentiumii aliases (fwd)
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot com>
- Date: 07 Nov 2000 17:18:57 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20001107232718.BECCB34D8D@nile.gnat.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Robert Dewar) writes:
> We certainly are providing "a compiler for the Pentium", which
> sounds quite like "a compiler for the Objective C language".
No, these are completely different! We are not providing a Pentium
implementation, we are providing something that _runs on_ a Pentium.
No-one can confuse our compiler with a Pentium. However, someone
might confuse it with the compiler marketed as `Objective C'.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>