This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary
- To: zackw at Stanford dot EDU
- Subject: Re: V3 PATCH: Disable wide-character tests where necessary
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:13:23 -0800
- Cc: NeilB at earthling dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20001103074713.A8228@daikokuya.demon.co.uk><20001102235918L.firstname.lastname@example.org><20001103005600.E248@wolery.stanford.edu>
>>>>> "Zack" == Zack Weinberg <zackw@Stanford.EDU> writes:
Zack> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:59:18PM -0800, Mark Mitchell
>> I don't, however, want us making any major changes to the
>> front-ends at this point. Or to anything else. :-)
>> I'd really like to see everyone focus on 3.0.
Zack> What's your position on the GC work I've been doing? It is
Zack> arguably fixing performance regressions, but it tends to
Zack> involve major, potentially destabilizing global changes.
I think that some level of compile-time performance improvement is
essential before 3.0, so I think that as long as we can keep it mildly
sane, that makes sense. We're not presently in a stable state;
there's going to be a lot of bug-fixing on the branch.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com