This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Generate a label for the split cold function while using -freorder-blocks-and-partition
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Sriraman Tallam <tmsriram at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:59:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Generate a label for the split cold function while using -freorder-blocks-and-partition
- References: <CAAs8HmxQidaPqi3fFAjtdrK_d2R1d6uwYD=tJqJD8KYLV1yADQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 03:58:06PM -0700, Sriraman Tallam wrote:
> This patch generates labels for cold function parts that are split when
> using the option -freorder-blocks-and-partition. The cold label name
> is generated by suffixing ".cold" to the assembler name of the hot
> This is useful when getting back traces from gdb when the cold function
> part does get executed.
> * final.c (final_scan_insn): Generate cold label name by suffixing
> ".cold" to function's assembler name.
> * gcc.dg/tree-prof/cold_partition_label.c: New test.
This doesn't honor NO_DOT_IN_LABEL (and NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL).
Also, don't some function start in cold section and then switch into hot