This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Prototypes [was Re: Patch for bugs 772 and 17913]
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Gábor Lóki <loki at inf dot u-szeged dot hu>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:59:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: Prototypes [was Re: Patch for bugs 772 and 17913]
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Roger Sayle wrote:
Whilst, to my knowledge, no official position has yet been taken on the
preferred GCC style, RTH's position eliminates the arbitraryness with
GCC's current style.
I agree. And reduces the number of places that need to change when
updating a function declaration. I've always programmed in that style,
and I'd certainy prefer that GCC do as RTH has suggested.