This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: pending/6575: =09-ftrapv doesn't catch multiplication overflow
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- Cc: <neil at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:40:33 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: pending/6575: =09-ftrapv doesn't catch multiplication overflow
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Note: There was a bad value `=09=09sw-bug' for the field `>Class:'.
> It was set to the default value of `sw-bug'.
> Then I understood that the gnats scripts don't understand the tabs
> that by default were in the form that "gccbug" presented me, so I
> replaced them with spaces and resubmitted. In all three cases I had
GNATS handles tabs fine. It seems there's some system inbetween you and
gcc.gnu.org that's mangling the tabs into MIME quoted-printable; gccbug
doesn't produce MIME, and GNATS is too old to understand it. You need to
investigate why the messages are rewritten as MIME.
(If there are any 8-bit characters in your messages, some system inbetween
might be implementing the somewhat ill-conceived RFC1652 facility for
Joseph S. Myers