This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: forgotten embedded powerpc 3.1 2 line patch
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>, joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 17:11:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: forgotten embedded powerpc 3.1 2 line patch
Joel's patch changes the wrong macro. To affect the option with
which GNU Assembler is invoked, ASM_CPU_SPEC should be modified.
Obviously that option in GNU AS only exists in the latest Binutils
release, but relying on the latest Assembler to for supporting those
processors in the latest GCC release should be okay.
If the correct macro is changed, this patch is okay.
P.S. Is this really so important that it cannot wait until GCC