This is the mail archive of the fortran@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GNU Fortran project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Is real(16) available on x86 platforms?


> Your question is sort of wrong.

OK! Is 128-bit floating point type supported on AMD64
running the FX's x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu?

More precisely, I was trying to test a piece of code using
real(16) executing (not working) on a G5 under OSX 10.3 (PPC)
on an AMD64 box under linux where I got the error.

I was a bit surprised because as far as a know real(16) floats
are not supported by the G5 hardware, but a some software 
emulation (gmp/mpfr?). I was just expecting the same for AMD64,
why shouldn't it be?

Dominique


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]