This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [v3] Re: libstdc++ license
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: [v3] Re: libstdc++ license
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:37:06 -0400
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- References: <20010621174703.A12221@disaster.jaj.com> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 11:23:08AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> --On Thursday, June 21, 2001 05:47:03 PM -0400 Phil Edwards
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Someone recently pointed out that not all of the source files had the
> > license+exception notice. So this touches a whole bunch of files, but is
> > only adding comments. The very very boring patch is attached.
> > Mainline only.
> Please apply these to the branch as well, for 3.0.1. I think these
> are very important changes;
Ah... heh heh... they were also illegal, or at least in very poor taste.
Many of the files were already under SGI's and HP's copyright. Can't
change those. There were some other files which needed touching, however.
I've just reverted the change for all but those files.