Re: Question about dead_or_predicable

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Richard Henderson<rth@redhat.com> wrote:

> Have a quick look at the implementation of invert_jump, and both
> questions are quickly answered.

Heh, well, all those functions in jump.c also really confuse me --
probably because I've never really understood how all the functions to
change RTL work.  But OK, I understand what is going on now, thanks.

> All that said, I think your plan to rearrange things to allow both
> CE and NCE paths to be followed is fine. ?You'll just need to dup
> that jump change into both paths so that the CE path change group
> gets its own shot at rejecting the jump change.

Right.  I think I'll do it with a verify_changes() check at the end of
the CE path, that should result in a smaller patch.

Thanks for your help,

Ciao!
Steven