Re: Backport fix for spurious anonymous ns warnings PR29365 to 4.2?

Seongbae Park wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Andrew Pinski <pinskia@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 01 May 2007 14:28:07 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
>> > I agree that it would be appropriate to backport the patch to gcc 4.2.
>>
>> Lets first get the patch which fixes the ICE regression that this
>> patch causes approved :).
>>
>> Which can be found at:
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2007-04/msg01746.html

This patch is OK for mainline.

As for backporting to 4.2, this isn't a regression, so the default
answer would be "no".  I'm unconvinced that this is a sufficiently
serious problem to merit violating that policy; after all, we're only
talking about a spurious warning.  (However, the other bug here is that
we don't have a warning option for this, so users can't use
-Wno-<something> to turn this off.)

In any case, we're not going to do this for 4.2.0.  As per the policy I
posted recently on PRs, please find a C++ maintainer who wants to argue
for backporting this and ask them to mark the PR as P3 with an argument
as to why this is important to backport.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery