Re: gcc support for mips32 release 2

At Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:54:19 +0000 (UTC), "Long Li" wrote:
> I have a question about gcc support for mips32 release
> 2. I noticed that in gnu as(assembler) 2.14, there is
> an option for it, but does newest gcc version support
> mips32 release 2? I did not find it in the mips.c or
> configure file.

as others have noted, I contributed it to GCC and it should appear in
3.4.

Note that 3.4 has only partial support for the new instructions.  In
particular, it only knows how to generate rotates and, IIRC, some of
the sign-extend instructions.  (it's been a while since i did the
work.)

It does *not* know how to do use the insert/extract instructions.

If anybody knows of a MIPS64 release 2 implementation, I also have
support for GCC to do that.  (Problem is, the way the GCC MIPS
back-end currently is, it really wants a processor implementation
before a new ISA is added.)

I also have a number of sim changes for 32r2 -- can't remember if i've
integrated all of them or not, yet -- and 64r2.  (Fairly sure i've not
done the 64r2 changes.)

chris