This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
R: error: stray '\' in program
- From: "Gabriele Caracausi" <gabriele at caracausi dot it>
- To: "Nick Ing-Simmons" <nick dot ing-simmons at elixent dot com>,<neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- Cc: "Philipp Thomas" <pthomas at suse dot de>,"Gcc ML" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:39:24 +0200
- Subject: R: error: stray '\' in program
> Neil Booth <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> >Philipp Thomas wrote:-
> >> * Gabriele Caracausi (email@example.com) [20030824 13:56]:
> >> > I'm trying to recompile under linux GCC 3.3 sources but an
> error occurs:
> >> >
> >> > regclass.c:78: stray '\' in program
> >> >
> >> > but the line in regclass.c is:
> >> > static const char initial_fixed_regs = };
> >I doubt it's a bug - I imagine it comes from FIXED_REGISTERS.
> Possibly \ at "end" of a CRLF terminated line is not seen as
Yes. I bad wrote "\}" instead of "}" at the end of definition of FIXED_REGISTERS array.