Re: Trouble with EABI

> In documentaion of gcc it seems that gcc support eabi, with switch
> -mabi=eabi, but we never succedded to compile
> program with this switch, becouse gcc, we use 2.96,  does not recognize
> this switch.
> We suspect that all targets, which gcc in ver 2.96 supports, does not
> recognize switch for EABI. Is this correct?
> If it is and we want to add support for eabi in our target, what is best
> way to do it?
>
> We read from: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc-3.3/changes.html
> 	All configurations now accept the -mabi switch. Note that you
> will need appropriate multilibs for this option to work properly.
> 	ELF configurations will always pass an ABI flag to the
> assembler, except when the MIPS EABI is selected
> It look like that all target for mips can use switch for choose ABI,
> please confirm this. If this true, we will add support
> for lx4280 processor in gcc, what is best way to start?

OK. Lot of questions :)

1) 2.96 can recognize the abi switch, but only for mips64-elf since abi
switching never happened for mips-elf. It is possible to change the
default abi though - but you have to do this in the compiler source. See
gcc/config/mips.[ch] for details.

2) For 3.3 you will be able to specify abi for all toolchains.

3) Adding support in gcc for a particular processor: Look in
gcc/config/mips.[ch] as well as gcc/config.gcc at the other mips
processors. Note that binutils support is also necessary.

-eric

--
Yuppies wear socks.