This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g++ pointer tracking question
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:08:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: g++ pointer tracking question
> Passing an offset is right. REG_POINTER should not be true, but I wouldn't
> expect it to break anything. The problem is that the C++ frontend uses
On the PA, it could result in the wrong register being selected as
the basereg for an index insn. The basereg is used to select the
space register for the operation. If this is selected incorrectly,
a segmentation fault could occur or incorrect data could be loaded.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)