Re: g++ pointer tracking question

Well, I thought I could do a simple workaround for IA64 but it is worse
then I thought.  I believed that the two values being added together
were both being marked as REG_POINTER but in fact the offset is being
marked as a REG_POINTER and the real pointer is not marked as a
REG_POINTER so I can't just bail out on the optimization when
REG_POINTER is set for both values being added together.  I don't know
how to fix this so I have filed it in GNAT (c++/6685) and will turn off
the machine level optimization for C++ on HP-UX IA64 that is going wrong
when this information is wrong.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com