Re: Issue with ip_opts

> From: "Ildar Gabdulline" <ildar@nnov.stelt.ru>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>, "mike stump" <mrs@windriver.com>
> Cc: "development.softswitch" <steltnn.development.softswitch@nnov.stelt.ru>
> Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:31:02 +0400

> Are you going to say that the problem is in the source code ?

Yes.

If you follow the followup last time this was brought up, you would find:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-01n/msg00761.html

    This is invalid C++, so it should be rejected.

It was then, it still is now.

> (Please refer to http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-01n/msg00744.html) however I
> did not find resolution here.
> I installed glibc 2.95.3 and glibc 2.2.5.

If that file came from glibc, then complain to glibc.

> Is there 'right' resolution for this issue - without hacking of system
> header files, etc ?

Yes, install a new system that has this problem fixed.  Install a
patch to your current system that fixes this, or install an upgrade to
the software that contains that header file.

We might also be able to fixinclude it away, if you want that option,
you can report it to gcc-bugs...  All that would do, it the compiler
at install time would copy the headerfile into a special place, edit
it somehow to be valid C++, and then prefer the edited version instead
of the system version of it.