This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: install gcc 3.0.4 & 2.95.3 parallel
- From: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- To: christian_bay at gmx dot de, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: install gcc 3.0.4 & 2.95.3 parallel
- References: <E176F0N-00006Vemail@example.com>
> From: Christian Bayer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: email@example.com
> Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 08:17:03 +0200
> i have got a problem on building a running system with 2 seperate gcc
> compilers. i want to use both gcc 2.95.3 and gcc 3.0.4, so i read the manuals
> and tried to compile both. first gcc 2.95.3, then gcc 3.0.4.
> the compiling of both worked, and after installing gcc 2.95.3 i could compile
> a small c-prog. but after installing gcc 2.95.3 and invoking the old compiler
> with "gcc -V 2.95.3"
-V doesn't work, don't attempt to ever use it.
> 1) ../gcc-3.0.4/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
> make bootstrap
Use a unique non-existent --prefix.
--prefix=/usr is just asking for trouble beyond your wildest