Re: Bootstrap error with gcc-20020429 snapshot on Sun / Solaris8

On May  1, 2002, Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 30, 2002, glebourgeois@amadeus.net wrote:

>> > configure: error: libtool tag configuration failed
>> > gmake[1]: *** [configure-target-boehm-gc] Error 1
>> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory
>> > `/softntools/softadm/Compilation/Build-gcc-20020429'
>> > gmake: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>>
>> > Anyone got any clue?
>>
>> It's a bug in /bin/sh, documented in the GCC platforms-specific
>> installation instructions.  Set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh.

> As I reported yesterday, if you do this the build will get further, but
> it will still fail.

It works for me, but you have to set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh before you
get the whole build started.  In order to do it after you get the
failure, you have to rm -rf say sparc-sun-solaris2.8/boehm-gc, such
that it gets configured properly, otherwise you won't have that
directory or one of its multilibs configured and the build will bomb
again.