This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap error with gcc-20020429 snapshot on Sun / Solaris8
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com (Alexandre Oliva)
- Cc: Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), glebourgeois at amadeus dot net,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 13:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap error with gcc-20020429 snapshot on Sun / Solaris8
> >> It's a bug in /bin/sh, documented in the GCC platforms-specific
> >> installation instructions. Set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh.
> > As I reported yesterday, if you do this the build will get further, but
> > it will still fail.
> It works for me, but you have to set CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh before you
> get the whole build started. In order to do it after you get the
> failure, you have to rm -rf say sparc-sun-solaris2.8/boehm-gc, such
> that it gets configured properly, otherwise you won't have that
> directory or one of its multilibs configured and the build will bomb
But that's what I did: I set CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh after I ran
configure, and built in an empty directory.