Re: compiling a shared-library not linked against libgcc_s.so

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:21:16 +0100 (BST)
"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Rene Rebe wrote:
>
> > The library works fine until the gcc-3 removes the /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so during
> > it's make install - and so the next command fails because the libgcc_s for the
> > preloaded lib is gone.
>
> That would be a serious bug in make install - it shouldn't leave a window
> without libgcc_s present.  I pointed out the potential problem long ago
> <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-02/msg00853.html> but later concluded
> that, for obscure and fragile reasons, libgcc_s got installed with the C
> program install rather than the shell script - leaving just a small window
> during a single program execution when libgcc_s is missing rather than a
> guaranteed failure during the install-sh script.

Is there any official fix out there (or maybe even in the gcc-3.0.2 release)?

Anyway is there an answer for my initial question? Is it somehow possible
to prevent the gcc-3 to NOT link against the libgcc_s.so?

Some libs are not linked against it - but I can not discover a difference in
the compilation nor if there is something wrong in my wrapper lib so that the
gcc thinks it is necessary?

> --
> Joseph S. Myers
> jsm28@cam.ac.uk

Ver much thanks
René Rebe

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)

eMail:    rene.rene@gmx.net
          rene.rebe@rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/index.html