This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compiling a shared-library not linked against libgcc_s.so
- To: Rene Rebe <rene dot rebe at gmx dot net>
- Subject: Re: compiling a shared-library not linked against libgcc_s.so
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:21:16 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Rene Rebe wrote:
> The library works fine until the gcc-3 removes the /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so during
> it's make install - and so the next command fails because the libgcc_s for the
> preloaded lib is gone.
That would be a serious bug in make install - it shouldn't leave a window
without libgcc_s present. I pointed out the potential problem long ago
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-02/msg00853.html> but later concluded
that, for obscure and fragile reasons, libgcc_s got installed with the C
program install rather than the shell script - leaving just a small window
during a single program execution when libgcc_s is missing rather than a
guaranteed failure during the install-sh script.
Joseph S. Myers