This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada files now checked in
- To: bosch at gnat dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Subject: Re: Ada files now checked in
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:13:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu,zack at codesourcery dot com
<<In June 2000, Robert Dewar expressed rather strong reservations
concerning the -W options together with the Ada frontend (more false
positives, GCC backend doesn't know much about Ada semantics, and so
on). Are these problems no longer relevant? (At least warnings about
unused variables do not properly demangle the name, BTW.)
It has been a goal to eliminate these prblems, and at this point they are
eliminated, we have worked for a while ensuring that our sources do in
fact compile fine with -Wall.