This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bounds checker for g++ on Linux?
- To: dewar at gnat dot com, toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl
- Subject: Re: Bounds checker for g++ on Linux?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rodrigc at mediaone dot net, ruff at swand dot lake dot de
<<And .... drum roll ... Fortran !
Well not really at the language level. Indeed the semantics for passing
arrays (e.g. the ability to pass a 2D array and view it as 3D in the
called subroutine) are somewhat inconsistent with a high level semantic
view of bounds checking.
But yes, indeed straightforward checking of actual low level references is
easy in Fortran, and highly desirable (such features first appeared in
the mid 1960's :-)