This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: criteria.html open issues
- To: acahalan at cs dot uml dot edu, dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: criteria.html open issues
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 08:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I find it confusing to mix up optimziation levels with options for
restricting the language to accomodate old incorrect code. The strict
aliasing doesa not break any correct code. I quite understand that there
is a lot of old incorrect code around in this particular regard, but
it would seem more reasonable to me rely on a separate option for this.