This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc & g4 processor?
- To: adam morley <axm135 at po dot cwru dot edu>
- Subject: Re: gcc & g4 processor?
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:05:05 -0400
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> adam morley writes:
adam> interesting. this brings up another point: will there be support
for things like VIS from sun? i know sun already has a compiler which
does a very very good job of optimizing, so i doubt if sun would build
support into gcc.
The GCC infrastructure supports any SIMD/vector-like extensions.
It is up to Sun whether they want to implement the functionality for GCC.
adam> and im guessing this doesn't run under openbsd.
IBM's Visual Age compilers currently do not produce code for *BSD
or GNU/Linux systems.