This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- To: schwab at issan dot informatik dot uni-dortmund dot de
- Subject: Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:20:53 -0400
- CC: kate at ahab dot rutgers dot edu, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
From: Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>
Date: 10 Aug 1998 10:53:42 +0200
Kate Hedstrom <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
|> I am using binutils 2.9.1. I have been having no trouble with egcs
|> with static libraries. However, a build of perl with egcs died in
|> about the same way when it builds its dynamically loadable pieces.
GAS does not support Sun3/a.out style PIC. It only supports SVR4/ELF
It is correct that gas does not support Sun3/a.out PIC, but note that
it does support Sun4/a.out PIC.
It should not be too hard to add Sun3/a.out PIC support for somebody
with access to a Sun3.