This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at issan dot informatik dot uni-dortmund dot de>
- Date: 12 Aug 1998 10:03:48 +0200
- Cc: kate at ahab dot rutgers dot edu, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <199808102020.QAA01665@subrogation.cygnus.com>
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
|> From: Andreas Schwab <email@example.com>
|> Date: 10 Aug 1998 10:53:42 +0200
|> Kate Hedstrom <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
|> |> I am using binutils 2.9.1. I have been having no trouble with egcs
|> |> with static libraries. However, a build of perl with egcs died in
|> |> about the same way when it builds its dynamically loadable pieces.
|> GAS does not support Sun3/a.out style PIC. It only supports SVR4/ELF
|> style PIC.
|> It is correct that gas does not support Sun3/a.out PIC, but note that
|> it does support Sun4/a.out PIC.
My answer was imprecise. What i wanted to say is that gas *for m68k* only
supports SVR4/ELF style PIC.
Andreas Schwab "And now for something
email@example.com completely different"