[testsuite, i386] Always check for target i?86 and x86_64
Rainer Orth
ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Jun 20 13:01:00 GMT 2017
Hi Jonathan,
> On 15/06/17 12:51 +0200, Rainer Orth wrote:
>>I happened to notice that recently a couple of testcases have sneaked in
>>that are restricted to x86_64-*-* targets only. This is always wrong:
>>it should be i?86-*-* and x86_64-*-* alike, eventually restricing the
>>test to ilp32 or lp64. There were also instances of i?86-*-* only,
>>which I've handled as well.
>
> [...]
>
>>diff --git a/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/20_util/variant/index_type.cc
>> b/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/20_util/variant/index_type.cc
>>--- a/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/20_util/variant/index_type.cc
>>+++ b/libstdc++-v3/testsuite/20_util/variant/index_type.cc
>>@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@
>> // { dg-options "-std=gnu++17" }
>>-// { dg-do compile { target x86_64-*-* powerpc*-*-* } }
>>+// { dg-do compile { target i?86-*-* x86_64-*-* powerpc*-*-* } }
>>
>> // Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> //
>
> The concern here was just that we don't want the test to fail on
> targets with weird integer sizes, so the list of targets was
> restricted to just those where Ville had tested it.
>
> But { target ilp32 lp64 } would surely be fine. The test will only
> fail if a struct with two char-sized subobjects is the same size as
> size_t. Feel free to change it to { target ilp32 lp64 }.
once I got the syntax right, this worked fine: it needs
{ target { ilp32 || lp64 } }
instead ;-)
I've also now managed to complete a Darwin/x86_64 bootstrap by locally
reverting the two culprit patches for PR bootstrap/81033 and confirmed
that the patched testcases are fine there, two.
Given that there were no other comments, I've installed the patch. It
would still be nice if the Cygwin/MingW maintainer could comment on the
testcase situation for those targets.
Rainer
--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list