[Patch] [add changelog] reduce template instantiation depth in <variant>

Tim Shen timshen@google.com
Sat Nov 12 20:39:00 GMT 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 4:28 AM, Daniel Krügler
<daniel.kruegler@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Currently, std::variant exceeds the default ftemplate-depth parameter when instantiated with 297 types. This small patch increases this ceiling to 446 types (from the bottom of the template stack).
>>
>> Sorry, first patch - I just read the guidelines. I changed the format
>> and added a changelog entry. I hope I did it correctly this time.
>
> Let me add that this patch suggestion causes a change in semantics in
> theory, because fold expressions have no short-circuit evaluation,

Is it a compiler QoI problem, or part of the language? I'd be
surprised if the language somehow prohibits the short circuits from
happening.

--
Regards,
Tim Shen