[libstdc++-v3] PR 59529, 59530, 59531 Was(Re: Implement N3762 string_view: a non-owning reference to a string.)

Peter A. Bigot pab@pabigot.com
Mon Dec 23 12:08:00 GMT 2013

On 12/23/2013 03:54 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> If Peter means to contribute more, he definitely needs a Copyright
> assignment, and, as we all know, had better starting the process as soon
> as possible, it may take time.

FSF has assignments from me dated 22 April 2012 for GCC, Binutils, and
GDB.  They may be hung up because they were originally submitted to
cover patches for MSP430 target support, but TI won't provide an
acceptable copyright release covering the changes they funded so that
work will never be submitted.  Presumably the assignment is still good
for other work like this, though.  I've asked the copyright clerk to
verify that.

> For this specific issue, if the actual fixes are very small, and
> straightforward, I think can be committed just now, with both his name
> and yours name in the ChangeLog (since you spent time investigating,
> integrating and testing the whole thing).

That path is fine with me; I don't consider there to be any IP in the
header changes and the test cases I added were clone+modify from
existing ones.

Peter