[patch, libstdc++-v3]

Andris Pavenis andris.pavenis@wippies.com
Sun Nov 25 15:52:00 GMT 2007

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Paolo Carlini wrote:
>> Hi,
>>> GNU Make documentation specifies that either space or ':' should be
>>> used as path separator for VPATH. The latest changes however to ';'
>>> for DJGPP (i?86-pc-msdosdjgpp). As result use of ':' as VPATH
>>> separator in Makefile.in is incompatible with DJGPP.
>> Paolo, can you help with this patch / issue? By the way, I'm seeing a
>> colon in libgomp/Makefile.am too...
>
> Andris, I prefer if you used
>
>   vpath % PATH
>
> instead of the VPATH variable, and furthermore if you used
>
>   vpath % PATH1
>   vpath % PATH2
>
> instead of
>
>   vpath % PATH1 PATH2
>
> Could you make a sweep through the entire source tree (libgomp, gcc,
> libstdc++-v3, I don't know if there are more)?
egrep -ir ^vpath\.*: * | grep -v /\.svn/

on SVN trunk did not reveal any more. Only 3 known places where
separator character is used (gcc, libstdc++-v3/src, libgomp and of
course generated files).

Of course that does not include large number of lines like 'VPATH =
@srcdir@'. Should also all these be replaced by 'vpath % @srcdir@'?