Is include/c_compatibility still useful?!?

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Tue Sep 21 16:19:00 GMT 2004

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>Opinions? Clarifications (I'm not sure to understand what
>>c_compatibility was/is for)?
>>

>It's used with c, not c_std as the include model. So, --enable-cheaders=c would use it.
>
>I haven't checked this option out in some time, but the last time I used
>it (newlib cross) it worked.

I see: from a quick look to the build machinery I didn't understand the
relationship between the
two (i.e., c as the include model vs c_compatibility). Thanks.

Anyway, I'm 'triple' checking right now, but it seems that the build
with --enable-cheaders=c
is currently *broken* in mainline, on linux x86/x86-64 at least... :-(
Can you look into it, at
least to confirm?

Thanks for the feedback,