Bitmap allocator documentation.

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Fri Mar 12 03:29:00 GMT 2004

In article <1078898573.11281.4.camel@localhost.localdomain>,
Dhruv Matani<dhruvbird@HotPOP.com> writes:

> Here is a revised version of the documentation based on various comments
> I received. [...]

Thank you Dhruv for the contribution and for updating to our local
code conventions. I know you had a few agenda items which we deferred;
we can incrementally patch over time to address them.  One thing I did
change in the documentation before commit: __GTHREADS is the static,
primary way to adapt to threading configuration (use it to guard all
__gthread* calls); consider using __gthread_active_p() to dynamically
adapt run-time overhead (use it to guard actual mutex change calls).
Also, we refrain from telling users to undefine library macros... ;-)

Patch installed on mainline with your updated documentation (I updated
years and added boilerplate to the new tests).  I reviewed it by hand,
rebuilt/perf-checked.  Attached is the final ChangeLog entry I used:

2004-03-11  Dhruv Matani  <dhruvbird@HotPOP.com>

	* docs/html/ext/ballocator_doc.txt: New file.
	* include/Makefile.am (ext_headers): Add
	${ext_srcdir}/bitmap_allocator.h .
	* include/Makefile.in: Regenerate (by hand, since I didn't have
	automake de jure on hand).
	* include/ext/bitmap_allocator.h: New file.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/list_sort_search.cc: New test.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/map_mt_find.cc: Likewise.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/producer_consumer.cc: Add
	test for the bitmap_allocator<>.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/insert.cc: Likewise.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/insert_insert.cc: Likewise.
	* testsuite/performance/20_util/allocator/map_thread.cc: Likewise.

Regards,
Loren