Two or three initial observations on the fp prining patch

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Thu Nov 20 05:26:00 GMT 2003


Jerry Quinn <jlquinn@optonline.net> writes:

| Paolo Carlini writes:
|  > Hi,
|  > 
|  > finally I'm beginning to play a bit with the actual patch.
| 
| Great!
| 
|  > The next step is dealing with the various configury bits:
|  > 
|  > * IEEE, IBM, or VAX
|  > For this, one of the most difficult, we should probably start from
|  > the macros present in v2 code and generalize it to the architectures
|  > currently supported.
| 
| Out of curiosity, how many supported platforms are not ieee?
| 
| Also, we need to determine if long double is an 80 bit or 128 bit
| representation.  In the code, I added a macro IEEE_QUAD.

See GCC/gcc/real.[hc].  I would oppose to anything that would mean
duplication of the work done there.  If we need anything that is
available there, we should hard at ways to communicate with the
compiler that does not mean code duplication. 

-- Gaby



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list