[libstdc++] Port-specific symbol exports, porting notes

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Sun Jul 6 20:55:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:36:18PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:
>
> > go gently into that good night.  (And many thanks to Jakub for originally
> > creating it.)
>
> So, with 2.11 we do not create symbol versions?

For 2.11, we've never created symbol versions.

For 2.11+backport, we will not create symbol versions starting with 3.4.

> In that case we
> should write out a big warning message that the library is
> incompatible - or abort completly.  A silent failure is IMO worse in
> this case,

Absolutely.  I've got an AC_ warning in there now, but am postponing
testing until the autocrasher finishes its afternoon thrashing.  Also,
this needs to be added to the install information.

Phil