[libstdc++] Port-specific symbol exports, porting notes

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Sun Jul 6 21:02:00 GMT 2003

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:36:18PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:
>>
>> > go gently into that good night.  (And many thanks to Jakub for originally
>> > creating it.)
>>
>> So, with 2.11 we do not create symbol versions?
>
> For 2.11, we've never created symbol versions.
>
> For 2.11+backport, we will not create symbol versions starting with 3.4.

Ok, this is fine with me with the proper warning message.

>> In that case we
>> should write out a big warning message that the library is
>> incompatible - or abort completly.  A silent failure is IMO worse in
>> this case,
>
> Absolutely.  I've got an AC_ warning in there now, but am postponing
> testing until the autocrasher finishes its afternoon thrashing.  Also,
> this needs to be added to the install information.

Ok - and thanks for taking care of this binutils mess,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, 90429 Nürnberg, Germany