C++ runtime on SuSE Linux

Yogesh Kulkarni Yogesh.Kulkarni@veritas.com
Wed Dec 31 09:04:00 GMT 2003


Hi,
 
I am observing a problem on SuSE Linux with gcc 3.2.
 
I am trying to use the binaries compiled on RH AS 2.1 box on the SuSE
machine. The binaries work as expected on RH Linux, however, on SuSE I am
getting an error when tried to load a library.
 
The error is unresolved symbol: "__check_null_eh_spec"
 
When I investigated, I found that the libraries on both the machines are
same: 
 
/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 -> libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
 
When I did nm on both the machines, I found that c++ runtime on RH box is
having the symbol whereas on SuSE box, the symbol is not present. 
 
What can I do to get this resolved? I am not using the symbol explicitly in
my code. 

Thanks in advance,
Yogesh 

~ Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Poor minds
discuss People ~



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list